English as a Mode of Instruction (EMI)
For Whom: Lecturers and teaching staff
Course Level: To successfully complete the course, the participants should speak English at B2 level.
Date: Registration for this course is continuous, the course starts once a month.
Format: 40 hours of online training. Participants should budget at least eight continuous weeks to successfully complete this online course.
Completing this course gives Cambridge English Certificate.Register now
English has become a lingua franca of international education. This course focuses on the proper usage of English in the classroom. This is not an English language course; this is a course in teaching using English as the language of instruction. It improves teaching skills of non-native English speakers teaching in English. It discussed in depth the concept of EMI and helps develop good practices in teaching. This online course is universal for all disciplines.
- Language for lectures
- Language for seminars
- Language for small groups and practical sessions
- Language for tutorials and supervision
- Language for online communication
- Language for evaluation and feedback
- Language for fulfilling professional responsibilities
After the course the participants will be able to:
- Engage students through clearly structured lecture delivery;
- Supervise groups of students in seminars;
- Set up and manage specific activities in small groups and during exercises;
- Interact with and guide students in tutorials;
- Communicate clearly and effectively with students online;
- Give effective and supportive feedback to students;
- Communicate effectively in peer-to-peer professional roles;
- Operate effectively in different university cultures.
Price: 1500 zł per person
The price includes VAT. Discounts available for groups.
For more details, please contact Studybility at training [at] studybility.com
This training is brought to you in association with